At 1040hrs on Friday May 11th, 2018 Penn Fire assisted by Clay and Mishawaka Fire responded to a working residence fire at 10374 Douglas Road in Northeastern Penn Twp. Units arrived on scene to find a bedroom on fire and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. All residents escaped prior to the fire and were not injured.
After investigating the fire it was determined that the fire was started by a 3 year old child playing with a lighter. Penn Fire would like to remind everyone to keep all lighters out of the reach of children.