Squad 14 and Battalion Chief 5 (Calderone) responded to their 2nd fire of the day – a Box Alarm in Madison Twp. on Saturday 2-17-16 Here is a news story on the incident:
A Mishawaka family and their pigs are safe and sound after a barn fire broke out Saturday afternoon.
It happened in the 14400 block of Madison Road.
A family member went to check on their new pigs just after 5 pm and saw smoke in the barn.
Four companies responded and the fire was under control in about 30 minutes.
The fire was contained inside the 40-foot steel barn and no injuries were reported.
Investigators believe the fire could have started from a heat lamp inside the barn.